Monday, September 24, 2012

Sewing

I love sewing, it is fun and creative. When I was little I would find scraps of fabric and sew stuffed toys by hand.

Now instead of stuffed toys (which are still fun to do) I prefer making clothing and quilts. Making clothes requires some special tools which can be kind of expensive. So I made some of my own like a sleeve roll and a pressing ham. Mine of course are not like the professional ones but they mostly get the job done.

Imagine my surprise when I was strolling through a thrift store, because I was early for an appointment, and I discovered a pressing ham and a sleeve board for $1.75 each. To buy both these items retail it would be over $50. So I saved $46 buying at my local thrift store, where my money is put to good use.

Sleeve Board & Pressing Ham

No comments:

Post a Comment